A Walk Around Kaamulan Park during Kaamulan Festival

Kaamulan Park is one of the most visited places in Malaybalay. Located at the back of the Provincial Capitol, it has been the venue for most of the activities during the Kaamulan Festival.
And since our visit is in time with the month long festival, Kaamulan Park is bustling with business and fun activities. After our hearty lunch it started to rain, but that did not stop us from going around the city.
There is still drizzles when we get to Kaamulan Park grounds, but that did not stop me from wandering around from stall to stall, haggling for plant's prices. Hmm I ended up buying 6 new planting materials of various indoor and outdoor plants.
After all the plant shopping, the dilemma of how to pack all these and bring it safe and in good planting condition to Tupi, South Cotabato is another thing. That would take 1 motorela ride, an 8 hours bus ride with 1 bus transfer.
Well oh well Mr. Good Idea POP! During Agri-Fairs artisans and craftsmen abound, and as I went stall hopping I saw this beautifully woven banig bag/bayong that comes in 4 sizes, which can be a good packaging for my plants. I asked for the biggest one and it costs Php350.00. I keep haggling until the owner told me that, he can give all four sizes for only Php800. I did not bother to argue and said yes I will buy it right away which saves me 1 bag.


The Kaamulan Park experience I had is far from the typical Kaamulan Park walk you will have on a regular day. During our visit, it was crowded and noisy but on a typical day I can say it is beautiful and serene.

After an afternoon of walking, we decided to go back to Pitcher Plant Farm, for I have scheduled with Mr. Volker a quick Pitcher plant lessons.


More Mai Wanders!!!
Travel Date: February 23, 2013

Comments