Commercial Bread Workshop with Gourmet Bites

with Chef Vida Acosta-Carag
Done with my first book for 2017, #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. It was a breather for me, as I read through how she made Nasty Gal into a $250-million-plus fashion retailer in ten years. It inspired me more as I journey through the world of entrepreneurship.
























"Entrepreneurship as the pursuit of opportunity without regard to resources currently controlled," was defined by  Howard Stevenson, professor at the Harvard School of Business. This is the kind of spirit that inspired me to take another workshop, weeks after we celebrated Aurora's Kitchen 3rd Anniversary last November 20, 2016. 
Gourmet Bites is my go to place for workshops, its the second workshop I took. It was a 2-days hands-on workshop on commercial breads. I learned to bake 8 kinds of commercial bread; Pandesal, Spanish Bread, Ensaymada, Ham and Cheese Bread, Cinnamon Rolls, Pan de Leche, Loaf Bread and Chicken Asado Siopao.
 


 








 






It being the pursuit of opportunity, I tested the waters of bread making within our neighborhood during Christmas Season. I started baking pandesal on the first morning of "Simbang Gabi." And the loaf bread, which I taught my 10-year old younger brother to bake, sold 11 loaves during Christmas day and 24 loaves during New Years day. We named the loaf bread, "J Bakes" as it was baked by James, became an instant hit with our relatives and friends.



































As we start 2017, I am eager and excited for the opportunities that are coming my way. 



Comments