Tamarind and Lemongrass Juice and More on a Good Friday

The tamarind lemongrass juice of Have Sam Thai inspires me to use the tamarind fruit we've got from the farm. According to Organic Facts website, the health benefits of tamarind have been well-studied and include the ability to reduce inflammation throughout the body, improve eye health, boost respiratory health, heal skin conditions, improve the digestive system, relieve pain, increase the strength of immune system, redice fever, lower cholesterol to improve cardiovascular health, treat piles, prevent cancer and even protect children against parasites and worms.
I used the ripe pods of the tamarind, about half a kilo. You will know that the tamarind pod is ripe when it is brittle and easily break to open. I remove the seeds and soak it in boiling water for 15 minutes.
Sorry to say but our hands are the best kitchen utensil, I mashed the flesh using my hands and remove the seeds. I passed it through a sieve, once done with it, I mixed it with water and brown sugar with lots of ice. And I've got the perfect drink for summer. I also squeezed about 5 calamansi fruits and young lemon grass stems from Mama's garden giving it extra kick.




Enjoyed a cold glass of Tamarind Lemongrass Juice on our Good Friday lunch. After lunch we all prepared for the 2:00 P.M. Good Friday Church Service. Our Church service ended past 4:30 P.M., rested and snacked on Tita Ming's macaroni salad before I started packing 70 pieces of brownie and chantilly pouches for Baby Enzo's 1st Birthday. I spent my Good Friday morning, baking orders for Saturday. Grateful for all the time I have to do all these things.
Good Friday morning in the kitchen

on our way to Good Friday Church service


Kitchen apron on, Thanks to my dear Mama for the help
Ninang Mai's gift to Baby Enzo's 1st Birthday

Comments