Papa in my Eyes on Father’s Day

What you see is not what you get is the perfect cliché to describe Papa. Growing up we never experience the strict accord he was labeled by people around him. Not because I used to having strict rules around our home, but I was raised the way I want to. He never said no to have boyfriend, except that he showed me the kind of man I deserved to be with. He never stopped me from drinking alcohol, but he taught me how and to know my capacity. He never told me not to go on night-outs; he brought me to places where to have night-outs. Back in college, he would often receive text messages from me and my sister telling him were out to “barracks” and “tunnel," the two bars in Iloilo City back in our college days.
Tough Outside, with the Softest Spot Inside
Tough and strict often comes to mind when you see him around. For us he has the softest heart. He would be the first to get teary eyed in our success and our greatest support in times failures.
A Humble Heart that Ready to Listen
Our home is a perfect scene for oval table debates. Yes, meal times especially during dinner, last for an hour at home. It’s the time when we all get to share our day and make decisions as a family. I grow up in a home, where Papa allowed and respected my opinion as a daughter. Yes we discuss things and we mean it when it becomes like a mini-debate, with one thing certain, we never lost who we are, that I am a daughter and he is my father. The respect I got from him made me confident to face the world knowing I don’t need the approval of the world to know my worth because I have it at home. Now a days, our routinely drive from home to the bank and back means a lot to me when he listens to my opinion on how to address certain things in the bank, knowing he had more than 30 years of banking experience, that is true humility.
A Man Who Serves
He may have the accolades he deserves, but he taught me to choose to serve others rather than be served. He cooks, boils water for us, make coffee for us, clean the piggery and do laundry for us. Service and dirty work comes easy for me because I grew up with it.
I can write lengthily about Papa. As a daughter he has his flaws and even made mistakes along the way, but that does not erase his worth as a father, rather made me respect him more with how he pick up the pieces after his fall.

I made it a point each year to make Mother’s and Father’s day special, it’s the only way I know I can show them how grateful I am as a daughter to be blessed with the kind of parents I have. Father’s day this year starts with a breakfast prepared by me, Browie and Sissy. Papa is happier receiving gift of service than material gifts.
Italian Rice

Crispy Pata

Peanut Butter Banana Turon

Kani Salad

Potato Salad


 We attended the Sunday Church service together, and then went have for our Father’s Day lunch. We went to try Steakhouse by the Farm. The Steakhouse is the latest addition to The Farm’s amenities. It offers local and imported prime cut steaks. For lunch we ordered; Local Rib Eye Steak, Local T-bone Steak, Baby Back Ribs, Maui Burger, Philly Cheese Steak, The Steakhouse Salad, Soup of the Day – Onion Soup, Triple Berry Smoothie, Strawberry Smoothie, Four Season Shake and Passion Fruit Calamansi Guyabano Shake. The Steakhouse menu is expensive but not pricey with the quality of food they offer. 






Cake Platter













It’s a perfect place to celebrate special people in your life, like Papa. We paid more than Php 5,000.00 for our lunch, good thing that Mama happily shared with me. While waiting, Mama reminded me to love our Papa more because he has been/is/will forever be a great father to us.

Comments