Burger Fest for Miya's Birthday

Celebrated Miya's birthday two days after her birthday. I planned to have a burger fest for her because I know how much she loves burger. We just randomly texted her to come to the house one after for another cooking sesh.
Being the Ate, I have searched and prepared ingredients for a burger bun recipe. And as always , I relied on my insticnt on what recipe to choose. Finally, with that recipe, I found my ultimate BUN. 
Sissy prepared the burger patties and pork ribs. Miya wanted a New York inspired feast for her birthday, I hope with the ribs and burgers we were able to make her happy on her birthday. And for our dessert we made Ovaltine biscuit ice cream sandwich.














I call it my dream burger bun, it's the kind of burger bun I been dreamin of. It is light and fluffy but you do not get a paper thin bread when you squeezed it. It taste so rich with just a hint of sweetness. Got the recipe from pinterest, posted in Handle the Heat blog.
Burger Bun
Ingredients
3 tbsp. Warm Milk
1 cup Warm Water
21/4 tsp. instant yeast
21/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cups bread flour
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. unsalted butter at room temperature
1 large egg with 1 tbsp. water
sesame seeds
Procedure
  1. In a bowl combine milk, water, yeast, sugar & egg. Let it sit, until the mixture get frothy. Add flour and mix until incorporated. (In doing this recipe, I opted to used my hands in mixing the the dough, I was too lazy to prepare my kitchen aide)
  2. Mix in the salt and butter. Once incorporated, transfer it in a floured surface, knead it for about 10 minutes, until the dough comes together and soft to touch. Avoid adding too much flour.
  3. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic, let it rise in a warm place for about 1 to 2 hours, unti it doubled in size.
  4. Line baking sheet with parchment and roll the dough into balls. Divide it into equal parts, depending on how big the bun you want. Cover it it with clean towel, and let it rise for another 1 to11/2 hours.
  5. Preheat oven to 400 F. Brush top with egg wash and sprinkle sesame on top. I can't find black sesame so I put poppy seeds instead. Bake the buns for 15 minutes or until it the tops are golden brown.






Activity Date: June 2, 2017


Comments