Long Weekends on Eid’l Adha Holiday

Long weekends call for a time to be involved again to things that I used to pass by when I get to busy Aurora’s Kitchen and dessert orders. I was supposed to leave for a Compostela Valley province trip but due to unforeseen events I did not continue with the trip.
Finally I have enough time to do gardening and visit the farm. Early morning on Friday was spent repotting ornamental plants that will soon be integrated to Aurora’s Kitchen new look. 


After breakfast, we all went to the farm to check on the construction of the pigpen we are building. Then Sissy, Browie & I went around the farm to start planning for the developments we will be introducing soon. It feels good to spend time in the boondocks, memories of my childhood came in a flash; running after Lolo Indo’s “karas,” climbing guava and cashew trees, catching fish from the river and taking a bath in the “bobon.”These are memories of my childhood that I want the future generations to experience, through Pedro’s Farm Experience.




Saturday is more relax, up early for my Saturday “pamalengke” in Marbel Chinatown. After breakfast we went for a morning walk to Tita May and Tito Dok’s MGM Garden Ornamentals along National Highway in Brgy. Crossing Rubber, Tupi, South Cotabato. Here we get to listen to the African lovebirds and see the beauty of potted sunflowers. We even picked catmon fruits, a fruit used as souring agent.










Life in Mindanao is still the best. Despite the adversities, Mindanao remains to be the land of promise for me.
Date: September 1-3, 2017

Comments