Magic Flan Cake

I love magic and gets giddy when I watch one. But a magic in a cake is something that can make me sleepless, until I get to make and see it my self. Over acting to be sleepless but I get that every time there is something I need to do or want to do, this time Magic Flan Cake.
Came across its recipe in Pinterest while I was looking for a new cake recipe. The magic happens when its bake, as the chocolate layer floats to the top and the flan at the bottom of the pan, science and density can explain this but it was fun waiting for the cake to bake and see it my self. And so here is the recipe;
MAGIC FLAN CAKE
Chocolate Cake
  • 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
  • 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (chopped)
  • 6 tbsp. Butter
  • 1/2 cup Buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
Flan
  • 28 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 1/2 cups Whole Milk
  • 6 oz. Cream Cheese
  • 6 large Eggs
  • 4 large Egg Yolk
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Make caramel sauce by boiling a can of condensed milk for 3-4 hours, make sure the can is submerge in the water. Pour caramel evenly at the bottom of the pan.
  3. In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients of the cake. Then in a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate and butter. Add sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs in melted butter, whisk until its smooth. Pour chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients.  Pour batter over the caramel sauced pan, I used bundt pan so I spread butter over the pan.
  4. For the flan, simply add all the flan ingredients to a blender and process until its smooth. Pour the flan batter over the chocolate cake batter. And the magic begins.
  5. Place the cake in a large roasting pan, fill the roasting pan halfway through the side of the pan.
  6. Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. But do keep checking it, insert a toothpick until it comes out clean.
  7. Cool the cake completely in the pan and refrigerate it ovenight to set.
  8. Next day, fill a pan with hot water, place the bottom of the pan to warm the caramel sauce and the flan. Carefully turn the cake onto a serving plate. And enjoy !











I started baking at 4:00 P.M. and I get to see and eat the Magic Flan Cake at 6:00 A.M. the following day. The taste is worth all the wait I have to make, like in life. haha 

Comments