Cousin's Day Out: Gaisano Mall Gen.San. & Henrich Sticky Bibingka

Cousin's day out always falls on the day I do my deliveries of baked goodies. This time I need to deliver a lot and I do need a car and a driver 'coz I am just to lazy to drive. Thanks to Deo, the 5th in our cousin line-up, since he was legally allowed to drive, I usually call on him. And as the "Ate Mai" of the bunch, I make those times as our cousin's day out.

Our first agenda of the day  is to watch Star Wars in the newly constructed wing of Gaisano Mall General Santos City. In the early 90's to early 20K, Gaisano Mall was the only mall that we go to every school opening and Christmas. Finally last 2017 it was renovated and a new wing was added, where the seven new cinemas are located. Start Wars is the movie of choice because Miya Bird & Itlog are "star wars" fans, they have their own world when talking about the characters and anything about it. Gaisano Mall's Cinema was a big hit for us because it's clean and smell so fresh. The first thing we check on, is the comfort room, it was way too far from that only C.R. located in the old wing. We came too early for the movie so after I bought our tickets we went to the toy store to shop for toys, yes were kids at heart or a part of our childhood have unaddressed issues. Mine was my desire to still get hold of the first and only Barbie doll I have, that my sister broke. It's my cute little secret, I collect Barbie dolls, mostly those released in the 90's to early 2000. I bought a party Barbie for only Php 300.00, it was on sale, it has a pink party dress stamped copyright 2000. Then it was time for the movie, the good thing about living in  the province, movies are priced lower that those in the metros. I paid Php750.00 for five people.
Waiting for the cinema to open


Miya Bird and Itlog




Inside Gaisano's comfort room

After the movie, we were all hungry, so we went around the new wing to check what's new, then I saw Henrich stall. Henrich Sticky Bibingka, the question in head was finally answered, why put up an super big tarp advertising a bibingka that sells for only Php 15.00. But then, on my first bite, I knew exactly why, it's very delicious, sticky delicious. I bought a box of 6's assorted (ube & classic) bibingka, it comes in a beautiful floral box that's perfect to give as gift. We tried one piece while we're on our way to SM City for our late lunch, all three of us find it delicious, I am not fond of anything "malagkit" or made of glutinous rice, but Henrich sticky bibingka is different, I don't get that "umay" feel after a few bites. We controlled ourselves from taking another piece because I just bought a box as "pasalubong" for Mama and Papa. We got home past 7:00 P.M., gave them our pasalubong, and it was gone in a blink, a testament that it was really good.





We had more food adventure and misadventure that day, that I will be sharing on my next posts. Provincial life gave us more time in a way because we have less traffic compare to what I saw in the news. This 2018, I want to share more of how we live our life here in Mindanao, because in 2017, Mindanao was a picture of war and the destruction with what had happened in Marawi. Last December, we were still under Martial Law, but we still go out and go home late at night, what is important is that you have your identification with you all the time. 
December 16, 2017
Date Buddies: Cousins

Comments